Wednesday 2 October 2013

GIDDY UP!!

"Poppie has peed on the sofa!"

The person who fails at failing to the person who is never employed but still enjoys a jovial lifestyle and the lady who sleeps around with random guys, they all meet up at Flat No. 5A. 
A place that guarantees you 3 things. 1. Laughter. 2. Laughter and 3. Laughter. It's an apartment which makes you laugh even when your real world seem to be messed up. 

"The Apartment of Jerry Seinfeld - Owner of flat number 5A."

1 year of innumerable laughter sessions which made me look like an insane person laughing around even when I wasn't watching Seinfeld. I wasn't into TV shows much when Shounak recommended this "SITCOM". Frankly speaking I didn't even have the idea about the exact definition of SITCOM.
But then after some nagging sessions with him, I started watching this SITCOM. 



 In the next one year, I experienced a lot of things. Getting a new gf, being a completely messed up relationship for 10 months, academic issues, continuous demotivation from my dad and FALANA FALANA. But somehow I managed to smile even in situations where my dad asked me to open a grocery shop because, according to him, my life was supposedly over.
While secretly planning things, there was this one little motivation in my life that kept me going. Neither it wasn't a human being, nor a pet animal which created a distraction to all the troubles. Actually there was no distraction at all. Seinfeld was the only thing that kept me happy and made sure I don't deviate from my own path.
It taught me to live a life with less complicated situations and deal with such complications in the easiest way possible. 
A TV show that has turned every single situation in a matter of laughter. From sickness to break ups, from engagements to resignations, Seinfeld had always taught me to bring up the positives from a situation even if the situation isn't offering any.

The way Kramer got inside Jerry's apartment, Elaine's over reaction, George's self believes in failing - everything seemed so bloody funny. And not to forget Newman's expert advices and his laughter. 

Seinfeld was a way of life. A sitcom that became my life and the only source of happiness in my life. But it was enough cause when nobody was there, Jerry, Elaine, Kramer, George, Newman, Susan, Peterman, Mr. And Mrs. Costanza, Mr. And Mrs. Seinfeld, Mr. Steinbrenner made sure they do their part and contribute the necessary amount of relaxation I need to proceed and deal with situations.

Thank You Seinfeld. Thank You Monks. Thank You Apartment number 5A. Thank You Larry David. 

No comments:

Post a Comment