Friday 27 September 2013

My FAVORITE STRANGER!

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Krish?
Yes? Who's there?
May I come in?

A knock on my door at half past midnight!!

I was just loitering around my room after I had my dinner. Why would someone come to the hotel room at 12:30? The delicious taste of Delhi's Aloo Paratha was still lingering in my mouth. I was about to call up my Mom when somebody knocked on the door. Room Service? No way. They are not going to disturb me so late.
But that voice. I have heard that voice somewhere and definitely, a lot of time. That's the voice of..... HER. But maybe I am mistaken. Why would she come up so late in my hotel room when I was about to meet her the very next day.

Can you please at least say your name? I asked.
You don't recognize me?
I do.. Are you?
Yes
Omg!
Yes.
Seriously?
Yes.
You aren't lying to me for sure?
Shut the f*ck up and open the door you microscopic a**h*le.

I had no freaking idea on how to react. Am I supposed to be happy? Am I supposed to be overjoyed? Should I pretend to be normal? Will I be able to show that I am normal? Will I be able to.. Oh I was confused like I was standing right in the middle of a maze and knowing that I have no place to escape.

She was standing there wearing the Red Liverpool jersey. Oh how gorgeous did she look! She looked like that amazing little lady with the most beautiful Red dress. Her face seemed to glow even in the darkness that prevailed in the 2nd floor corridor.
I kept looking at her face. She turned around. She was leaving.
Ketchup?
She looked back and smiled. I stayed stunned. Why is she leaving? And in a matter of a second she wasn't there anymore. I hurried towards the corridor but she was nowhere. Where did she go? Why did she come so late and why did she leave? I kept moving forward and whispered her name "loudly". It grew darker and darker. I started hurling down the stair and my legs slipped.....




"Room Service"

Oh! Yes come in.

.......... Where am I? I am completely fine. I was.. Was I?

Sir, you have a parcel from a certain Miss. Ketchup!
Ketchup? Yes please. Hand it over to me.

Raju seemed to giggle a bit on reading out that name. But he stopped immediately when he saw me staring at him.

There I was holding my Red Liverpool jersey. Why did she send it to me? Weren't we supposed to meet today? I letter slipped down from the parcel. I opened it...

"Hi Noodles.
This is for you. Wear it and never lose a match in your life. I know you have a birthday gift for me too. Keep it with you. Be born here next life. Give it to me then. Have a lovely life ahead.
Tc.
Your Ketchup"



Raju left after completing his room service. I just sat there, on my bed, when the letter getting wetter from those salted water droplets from the visual sense organ of my body. I looked towards my pillow. The small little lady crafted upon a canvas was still having that jovial smile on her face. I wasn't alone the other night..

No comments:

Post a Comment