Wednesday 7 May 2014

MY DADDY STRONGEST!! MY MAA PRETTIEST!!

We sit back and think about the girl that crossed our mind just a few hours ago. We spend half of hour day trying to calculate the amount of love that we have for someone who was once a stranger. 
I am 21 now. For the last few years, relationships, women and sex have been a part of me at a great scale. I am sure when we all are around this certain age, a particular girl is always keeping our mind busy. Despite being something in the professional world, we always try to get in thoughts that are just related to "someone special".
I am not saying there is anything wrong in that. Absolutely there isn't!! But do we realize that when we reach at our most vulnerable age, we like everything apart from our family. We say we love our dad and he is the best, only when he gifts us something. A Facebook post of how amazing is our mom pops up every time she makes us our favourite dish. We turn selfish to the people who created us. I look back at my high school and college days and I regret doing certain things which I could have ignored. 
I looked at my dad today while he was soundly sleeping on the sofa. He was actually watching a Tv soap and probably didn't know when he dozed off. I called him up a couple of time but he didn't reply. I got scared. I shouted. He woke up as if some dangerous dream forced him to wake up. 
I had my differences with my dad. Everybody, at some point of their life, may have faced the same situation. 
As we all try to behave like a grown up man even when we are in our 15s and 16s, we tend to go away from our family. Visiting places with them seems too uncool for us. Maybe it's not a mistake. It's a part of the trend. But a trend that doesn't seem good when we grow up and look back, does it?
My mother had been suffering from diabetes and innumerable other diseases for the past 7 years. Every month I go to the medicine shop and recite all the names of the medicines to the shopkeeper. A lady who is living on 10 different medicines make me the most delicious foods every day. She might not be the fittest but she is surely the strongest women I have ever been with. 
My father goes to work everyday and comes back with an exhausted look and practically just looks to lie down the remainder of the day. I get pissed off with this attitude. Why would he not talk to us? I always had complains about my dad not supporting me or taking interest in what I do. I still do. But a few days ago, he started explaining me about certain insurance things that he had done and he wanted me to understand all the documents carefully. He got me a new AC in my room. I wanted him to put that money in my college fee but he still did it. I may not have put a Facebook status for him, but I surely understand that although he doesn't show his support in public, he cares about me a lot. He may not be fan of my career plans but all he wants is to see me safe and secure and financially strong. 
My dad goes to the market every 2 days a week. My house is filled with vegetables and all the healthy foods. It's a different thing that I am a complete nuisance and I fail to live upto a healthy lifestyle. Every sunday when I accompany him and carry those market bags, I realize how difficult it is for him to go to the market 3 times a week and carry bags weighing more than 10 kilos each and then immediately hurrying up for the office.
I may be too egoistic too say it to my parents, but I promise to work hard and achieve a lot, not just because of my glory but also for their hard work and pride.

2 comments: